Friday, June 19, 2015

Sheets, my first interactive fiction game, is now available!


......Well, this kind of came out of nowhere, didn't it?

I mean, I do also want to write interactive fiction games, so to that end, I've been tinkering around with Twine. And in that tinkering, I ended up adapting a previously written poem for the engine. And so now we have a game-like thing.

This is very short, like five minutes maybe. I do not expect it to get worldwide praise and acclaim. But I think I've made a big first step. I finally have an actual game that I can point to and say, "Yeah, I am a game developer!" I'm not a big one yet, and I have a very long way to go. But I've made a step. And that's a big deal for me.

So...about the game. It's adapted from a poem I wrote, also called "Sheets". (I will probably post the original poem at some point.) It's very short. It is dark. It is a dear poem to my heart. I used to write poetry all the time, and the time I wrote this was around the time where I started being able to look at my work and not automatically hate every bit of it.

To get a little personal...It's very hard for me to be happy. I would not call myself a happy person.

But this makes me a little happy. And that's good. :)

So guys! Play the game should you desire! Like it or hate it, it's out there, and I did it myself.

http://somestrangecircus.itch.io/sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment