Friday, March 25, 2016

Circus Rambles - On conventions

Let's talk about cons!

Past

I've been to A-Kon twice, once in 2011 and once in 2015. The first time kind of ended up sucking towards the end due to personal reasons, but the con itself was fun, and this last year...also ended up sucking towards the end due to personal reasons, but the con itself was fun. Funny how that works out.

I know an anime dealer in town, though, and she says that A-Kon isn't very nice to the dealers, so I'm wondering if I'm gonna go back in the future.

Present

I'm doing two cons this year, Arkansas Anime Festival and GenCon.

I didn't plan on going to A2F (as folks call it), but the other big con I wanted to go to, AnimeFest, is the weekend immediately after GenCon, which was locked in first plan-wise, and I probably can't get that much time off work at once. Plus I live really close to A2F's hosting site and it's much less costly to travel there. It'll be okaaaaay? Truthfully it isn't the con I wanted to go to, but I have to think about money, you know...Anyway, I will be attending Saturday and maybe Sunday if I feel like it, decked out in traditional Circus garb.

GenCon I am mostly attending in order to see my nieces, since I don't get to see them enough. I have not confirmed what day/days I'm attending yet. I've never been to a gaming con before, so we'll see how it goes. I see next year it's scheduled the same weekend as Anime Fest, so that'll have to be a competition of sorts...

Future

Cons I really want to go to one day:

- AnimeFest
- Anime Expo
- Anime North (even though passports are expensive for some reason)

So we'll see what all happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment