Thursday, March 17, 2016

Circus Rambles - On Happy Binder/Junk Journal crafting

When I was a kid, I had a huge love for crafting. I made bugs out of pom-poms and pipe cleaners, or those pre-made crafting kits, mostly. 'Twas fun!

Recently, I started getting back into crafting a good bit. One crafter I found online and started following was Janette Lane, inventor of the Pocket Letter. She does really cute crafting videos; you should go look her up on Youtube! Anyway, one of these videos was on the Happy Binder, more commonly known as a junk journal. I'd been thinking about how to store all my mini-prints and artist goodies, and today I decided that this would be the way!

The mini binder is an adorable thing. I found mine at Target, along with mini binder paper and mini binder sheet protectors and about seven other cute things that weren't related to this project but were cute. After getting home and discovering that I did not own a hole puncher, I went out and got a mini one of those too (Walmart was out of big ones) and got to work.


The contents are mini prints, stickers, bookmarks, sketches or postcards from artists' shops, things like that. Basically, I just punched holes in them and arranged them in a pretty random method. The sheet protectors are in the very back for fragile things like pencil sketches.


And this is the finished (for now) project. In the pocket are two sticker sheets from Chiikaboom that I haven't decided what to do with yet. The cover is just a white sheet of cardstock since I haven't decided how to decorate that either. But yay, a project started! Yay, another reason to go to lots of cons and get more stuff to fill this with!

And now I need to get back to work badly, but at least procrastination looks pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment